I started to read an article detailing the interview that Juror B37 gave Anderson Cooper as reported in the Bradenton (FL) Herald this morning, wanting to understand how the jury reached its verdict. Then I came across what I consider an "aha" moment reading the following paragraph - "Despite keeping her identity secret, Juror B37 has already secured an agent to peddle an as-yet unwritten book." (Emphasis added). I can't help but wonder how any civic-minded person could so readily look to profit by doing her duty as a juror in a criminal case centered around the death of a 17 year old teenager. The verdict was rendered on Saturday. By Monday (maybe earlier, who knows) she is chasing a book deal. Was she thinking about a book deal when she reported for jury duty? As she listened to the presentation of the case? As she deliberated with her co-jurors? It just seems wrong. Is justice for sale?
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: