This is my first diary is quite a while, the Trayvon verdict, namely that he was a threat despite being unarmed and no criminal intent, is the worst travesty of justice in my lifetime. As a trained attorney I all too well understand how the laws can be manipulated to achieve illogical and immoral results. In this case the "Stand your Ground" law is a mockery of legal justice and depravity to human intelligence and good conscience.
This law is backed by the NRA, ALEX, the Republicans, and every single citizen and corporation that calls Florida home and stood idly by.
Therefore - we must act - for collective good we must show the toughest of love and make Florida understand there are consequences for legislating immorality and decriminalizing murder. Let's follow the guidance of Stevie Wonder and complete a total boycott of everything Florida.
Details below the fold:
First excerpts of the visionaries who lead people forward under the Flag of Justice and quick steps you can take to get the tipping point of justice:
(1) Join Move-On.org Sign the Petition: http://petitions.moveon.org/...
(2) Announce Go Find an article to Post on Facebook or Twitter about Stevie Wonder's Boycott of Florida and Say You are Joinign the Movement and Ask others to Share:
USA TODAY : http://www.usatoday.com/...
Hollywood Reporter with video : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/...
Following Facebook post you may be challenged by people that are relatives in Florida. Let them know you love them and will help fund their trips to your home state. If they want you home for the Holidays Grandma) then you could go volunteer to help fix the laws (hint hint)
Be vigilant here, no wavering! Maybe you love Disney - go visit California!
(3) Easy Sacrifice Stop Buying Florida Orange Juice: http://blogs.phillymag.com/... Both Tropicana and Florida Naturals - I actually only used to buy from Florida, so this is a sacrifice, however I know execs look at monthly sales numbers like a hawk, if sales dip by more than 10% - they will go absolutely nutz! and we will see that law revoked in no time.
(4) Flush Florida like we Flushed RushLet the major corporations based in Florida know that we mean business and force them to make a public statement condemning Stand Your Ground and to use their power, influence and finances to urge their legislators to repeal the unjust law. The Flush Rush campaign shows this can have a huge impact that is results driven:
If you patronize any of these companies, please stop until they make a public announcement in support of the repeal of an unjust law. Write them a letter, email or tweet telling them you will no longer patronize them until they publicly stand against Stand Your Ground.
Darden Restaurants, Orlando (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorm Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Eddie Vs, Yard House, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52)
(5) Remember who to BlameThe NRA and ALEC - let's point the blame at the real bad guys, puppet masters of the Republican stooges. Never forget and never forgive these criminals. Let's make sure these two associations are driven into the obscurity in the annals of history like the KKK and those other super evil groups.