I'm not sure what's worse here. Watching body-fidgeting Rush Limbaugh on his show, or hearing his voice in a bad 35-second rap song. He continues to drive nails into the coffin of his career. We hear he thinks it's okay to start saying, 'Nigga' on the air. Wow, is he in for a surprise. This may be the downfall for hate radio biggest racist, sexist, lgbt-hating bigot. Going downhill is not a new direction for Limbaugh. This past year, he's lost pretty much all of his major sponsors due to boycotts, petitons and protests. Most of his ads these days are by companies and organizations that are either getting ad space at a great discount - or for free. Hundreds of thousands of consumers are involved in the protests.
Many feel Bob Pitman and John Sykes, who run Clear Channel, are just as low as Limbaugh, for allow his sick commentary to run on their 600 stations nationwide. They are paying the price as well, losing hundreds of millionsthis past year alone. They will probably be hit harder by Limbaugh's latest offense, especially because the majority of the country is still feeling the painful sting of Zimmerman's not guilty verdict. Media Matters designates a whole page on Limbaugh backlash.
Clear Channel also owns the lucrative iHeart Radio, but as more and more big name artists find out iHeart's connection to Limbaugh, things may get ugly. Some boycott groups are now contacting artists that played on iHeart to let them know about the Limbaugh link.
Note: I have removed the video. It apparently was made it in fun, and to mock Limbaugh. In retrospect, I decided it was too tasteless and possibly offensive if used or played out of context. No sense adding bad onto bad. Limbaugh is bad enough. Thanks for your understanding.If you are looking for big or small ways to join the national protest against Rush Limbaugh, here are some links to check out:
Also, you can sign here to: Petition For The Removal Of The Limbaugh Bust From Missouri’s State Capitol (I know, right?)Thank you, Richard Myers. We will finish this. Rest in peace.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: