You can click here to donate:It was my honor to serve the people of Kentucky for nearly 40 years. I served with Senator Mitch McConnell so I can tell you that he embodies what is wrong with Washington today – by letting party politics lead to gridlock and obstruction, he has let the people of Kentucky down. I can no longer sit on the sidelines.
The time has come for a new generation of leadership and that’s why I’m so proud to endorse Alison Lundergan Grimes in our upcoming election for US Senate.I’ve known Alison for most of her life and she brings a results-oriented, common sense perspective that is exactly what we need to move past these partisan fights and ensure Washington works for everyday Americans again.
But Alison has a tough fight on her hands. Mitch McConnell has built a war chest of $10 million, and his Super PAC has already spent over half a million dollars attacking her with false television ads.Will you make a contribution of $5 or more to help Alison add 500 new donors before the end of July so she has the network and resources to take on Mitch McConnell and spread her message of economic opportunity across Kentucky?
We need to turn the page on the same old partisan politics. We need leaders who can disagree without being disagreeable, who understand just as Henry Clay did, that getting things done requires us to compromise in order to serve the greater good.
I know that is how Alison will approach her work in the US Senate. She will look out for Kentucky’s families, not the big corporations. And she will work across party lines to get things done.
Can you make a contribution to help her fight back?
Thanks for your help,
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: