You can click here to donate to their campaigns:Unacceptable.
The House GOP, held hostage by their ties to the tea party, would rather shut down the government than come to the table and work out a compromise on the budget.
They have absolutely no regard for the damage even talking about a shutdown could do to our economy, and are more than willing to derail our fragile economic recovery just to score some cheap political points with their base.
Thankfully -- at least we have enough responsible votes in the Senate (even a few on the other side of the aisle) to hopefully head this crisis off.
And that is largely due to the work done by my friends Senators Mark Begich, Kay Hagan, Mary Landrieu, and Mark Pryor -- but they're all facing tough re-election fights this year.
Join me, and contribute today to keep these four problem-solving Democratic Senators fighting alongside me in the Senate!Senator Begich of Alaska has served in the Senate as a champion for working families and small business owners. He has taken the reins and shown refreshing leadership from the Commerce Committee on oceans, fisheries and the Arctic. He is truly an agent of change, and it is imperative that he stays in the Senate to help move our country forward.
Senator Hagan is a trailblazer from North Carolina, a red state that has seen a surge of tea party legislation in just the past few months. The right is eyeing her Senate seat, and we cannot afford to lose it to another extreme right-winger that would have voted to shut the government down instead of working towards a budget deal.
Senator Landrieu is in the Senate serving the state of Louisiana -- a red state -- and is facing her toughest race yet. She is easily one of the toughest senators we have, and losing her vote to a tea party candidate would be devastating to her state and the country. We need her no-nonsense leadership -- especially now, as the far right continues to put on theatrics and distractions.
Senator Pryor of Arkansas knows how to put the people first, and has worked tirelessly to improve the lives of our veterans. Right now he's facing a radical right-wing opponent who compares himself to the likes of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. We need your help in ensuring that we don't give the tea party another vote in the Senate.
Contribute today to keep these four voices of reason in the Senate and help us prevent the Tea Party from doing even more damage to our fragile economy.
The vote in the Senate to keep the government running is around the corner -- and it's going to be close. Without their voices -- and votes -- I just don't know how we'd be able to hold off the tea party.
Thank you so much -- and I'll keep you posted as to how this crisis is going.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: