You can click here to donate to Hagan's campaign:You and I know what it’s like to fight against outside special interest groups in a tough election.
In last year’s election, the Koch brothers’ organization, Americans for Prosperity, spent more than $1.3 million on attack ads. And Karl Rove’s group, Crossroads GPS, spent $4.7 million against me. That’s $6 million in negative ads and opposition we had to overcome -- and they weren’t the only ones who spent money against us in Wisconsin.
This year, the Kochs, Karl Rove, and all of those special interest groups that spent money against us will be going after my friend from North Carolina, Senator Kay Hagan.Since Citizens United, guys like Karl Rove and the Koch brothers can spend as much cash as they want to influence elections all across the country. And they’re already footing the bill for ad buys and billboards targeting Kay.
But there’s one thing they can’t buy: authentic grassroots support. That’s why I’m asking you to stand behind Kay in her upcoming election -- just like you did for me.Kay has an FEC fundraising deadline coming up fast, and she needs to hit her $90,000 goal in the next day. Will you pitch in $5 to make sure she hits her goal by the end of the month?
Kay has fought for tax breaks for small businesses, affordable health care, and is fighting to make sure that all North Carolina citizens have equal access to the polls on Election Day.
And today she needs our support. Chip in $5 or more before September 30th and help Kay and her team crush their goal this quarter.
Thank you for all of your support and for standing behind Kay.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: