You can click here to donate to Carl's campaign:With Washington shut down, it is urgent to elect public-spirited candidates to Congress. It is a matter of the utmost importance for us to support a very special candidate in the US House special election in Massachusetts taking place in less than two weeks, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
His name is Carl Sciortino. He is a member of the Massachusetts state legislature. He is co-founder of the Progressive Caucus in the state house. When other candidates remained silent or equivocated as the US was at the edge of war against Syria, Carl Sciortino fearlessly declared his opposition to an attack. He has been a strong voice against the encroachments of the NSA on individual liberties and declared his support for the Amash Amendment which would reign in the NSA.
Imagine having someone in Congress who will vote against more war, defend our Constitutional freedoms and stand for equality for all regardless of race, color, creed or gender. Please contribute here:
His district is in the Boston area, but, with our help the impact of his election will be felt nationally.
As the nation continues the debate over health care, Carl Sciortino is committed to continuing the effort towards a single-payer, not-for-profit health care system which saves the families, businesses and the government money. Carl is committed to protecting full access to reproductive health services for America's women.
Carl Sciortino will be a breath of fresh air in a Congress which is choking from stalemates, special interest politics and ideological gridlock. Please join me in supporting this outstanding candidate for Congress. The primary election is less than two weeks. The winner of the primary is virtually assured election in the General. Let's give a strong last-minute push to Carl Sciortino so that two weeks from now we can say we helped elect him to Congress!
Thanks for your continued support.
Dennis Kucinich for Kucinich Action
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: