You can click here to add your name:Failing to fulfill our country’s financial obligations would be a very serious mistake.
Yet this is exactly what obstructionists and far-right ideologues are proposing to do by refusing to allow Congress to avoid default.
Refusing to pay our bills would devastate our fragile economic recovery. It could be a catastrophe for New Mexico families, senior citizens, and veterans who rely on programs like Social Security and other important social safety nets to make ends meet.We cannot let obstructionists dictate our nation’s fiscal policy. Add your voice to mine and demand a real solution. Sign the petition today:
The current debt ceiling stand-off in Washington is a self-imposed crisis. A way for far-right obstructionists to try and score political points rather than look at responsible solutions for reducing our deficit -- like ending tax breaks for the wealthiest 1% and corporations that ship jobs overseas.
Sign the petition to tell Washington that it’s time to come together and fix this problem. It’s time to end the debt ceiling stand-off now:
The gridlock in Congress has to end. We cannot continue to put the full faith and credit of our country at risk.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: