You can your name to Hagan's letter here:Now that the lights are back on in Washington, D.C., the next step is clear: Focus on creating jobs and growing our economy.
My colleagues in the U.S. Senate and I supported a bipartisan solution to end the government shutdown and force the out-of-touch “chaos caucus” in the House to sit down to work out a long-term budget. Now we have to stay focused.
Budgets reflect our priorities as a nation. I want to make sure that North Carolinians’ concerns -- creating jobs, investing in education and small businesses, and protecting programs for veterans and seniors -- are front and center.
I need you standing with me as we move forward to put together a real budget. Sign our open letter to the House urging them to stay focused on jobs and the economy in the upcoming budget negotiations:
Lurching from economic crisis to fiscal cliff to economic crisis is not a responsible way to govern. That’s not what North Carolinians expect of Washington -- and it has to end now.
Thank you for standing with me.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: