You can click here to donate to Herring's recount efforts:Even though every vote has officially been counted — and Mark Herring has won the race for Attorney General — his opponent, Mark Obenshain, refuses to accept the decision made by Virginia voters.
Why? Maybe because his friend, current Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, is actively and openly supporting him through aggressive fundraising efforts.
Just to be clear: an official whose LEGAL OBLIGATION is to ensure that every vote counts is actively raising money for one side — a side that can only win by throwing out legitimate votes.No wonder Obenshain thinks he has a chance — he's got a guy on the inside. We must fight back, and expanding that legal team is going to take another $50,000 in the next 48 hours.
Contribute to our Rapid Response Fund: Help us stop the GOP from stealing this election by protecting every vote!
I've seen this charade before — in 2008, I became Congressman from Virginia's 5th District, but not until after Republicans forced a recount.
We won because we received the most votes — but also because we had a fully funded Rapid Response Fund that protected every vote a Virginian took the time to cast.
We have to fight back. And I hope that "we" means you.
Donate $5 right now and make sure our Rapid Response Fund Goal is hit before the deadline.
Thank you for everything you've done — we will protect this victory together.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: