You can click here to contribute to Begich and Pryor's campaigns:We haven't given up the fight to end the crisis of sexual assault in the military. Far from it. We're not going to stop until we get a vote -- and pass -- our legislation in both the Senate and the House, and send it to President Obama's desk.
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has been such a powerful voice on this issue. But so have two other colleagues -- Senators Mark Begich from Alaska and Mark Pryor from Arkansas -- who've stood with Kirsten and me from the very beginning.We need more allies like Mark and Mark in Congress, and we certainly need to keep Mark and Mark in the Senate. But they're both facing very tough re-election campaigns, running narrowly ahead of their right-wing opponents in the polls while facing millions of dollars in attack ads.
Mark and Mark need our support, right now. Will you help?
Please contribute $50, $100 or more to the campaigns of Senators Mark Begich and Mark Pryor now -- and help them post strong end-of-year fundraising reports before the December 31 deadline!Mark Begich and Mark Pryor are key leaders in our fight against military sexual assault. But they're also crucial votes to keep our Democratic majority in the Senate.
The polls are tight: Mark Begich leads a pack of right-wing opponents by only a handful of points in Alaska. And Mark Pryor is ahead of tea-party candidate Tom Cotton by just one point in Arkansas.
Meanwhile, Karl Rove, the Koch Brothers, and national Republican groups have put these two races at the top of their target list. In fact, outside right-wing groups have already spent $1.8 million attacking Mark Pryor alone!
The road to a Republican Senate majority runs through Alaska and Arkansas. And we can't yield an inch.
We need to stand with Mark and Mark, right now.
Please contribute $50, $100 or more to the campaigns of Senators Mark Begich and Mark Pryor now -- and help them post strong end-of-year fundraising reports before the December 31 deadline!
If you care about ending the crisis of sexual assault in the military, and you care about keeping our majority so we can keep fighting to put hard-working American families first, then I ask you to support Mark Begich and Mark Pryor today.
Contribute $50, $100 or more now!
Thanks so much for helping Mark and Mark.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: