You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as
is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
One diary daily maximum.
Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries
that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Tom Perkins, recently cited as World's Worst Being by kos on the front page, has been inspiring snarktweet after snarktweet all week.
I think we should just get a list together of all the things that are the same as Kristallnacht, or the Holocaust, or Hitler, or Something The Nazis did.
You know, just like the camps.
As I've got a few of these tweeted already, I'll start.
Things That Are Just Like The Camps
1. Unavailability of swordfish on a bed of saffron rice
2. Not getting a Qi counseling for remodeling the mansion
3. Being scolded for mowing down some riffraff doctor in one's yacht
4. Being one Google bus too short to save the rest of the billionaires
5. Having to share lifeboats with steerage class, thus leaving one's bling behind on the sinking Titanic
6. The indignity of a Gulfstream car-pool, and having to share it with a sub-ten figure income person
7. Votes not being decided on the basis of shares, just like proxy votes
8. The absence of enserfment, peonage, indentured servitude and other ways to assert rights of property on other human beings to make it worthwhile to keep them around, perhaps for sport
9. People not tipping their hats and bowing as their betters pass on the sidewalk
10. Making fun of Danielle Steele's body of literary work