Click here to add your name:I understand that the government needs the right tools to keep us safe and secure. But I also believe there is a way to accomplish that goal while protecting Alaskans’ right to privacy.
Right now, there is a program in place called “REAL ID.” It places federal requirements on what information must be included on state-issued ID; forces states to establish databases of personal information and driving records; and limits access to federal facilities and airplane travel for people with IDs that don’t fit the bill.
This program doesn’t do nearly enough to protect the privacy of Alaskans. That’s why I’m with an overwhelming number of Alaskans that the government program is a potential threat to privacy. That’s why I’m working to repeal it.
Tell the President you’re opposed to bulk collection of drivers license information. Sign the petition today.
Alaskans could be punished unless this plan is repealed. In 2013, Governor Parnell tried to repeal it on the state level. I’m teaming up with a few of my colleagues in the Senate to get the job done in Washington.
The federal government has no business collecting Alaskans personal information indiscriminately and in bulk. If you agree, let the President know it. Sign the petition right now.
Thank you for your help.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: