Click here to donate to help get rid of McConnell:I asked EMILY's List if I could send you a note because I'll be honest -- I'm pretty nervous about what will happen if Mitch McConnell is reelected and Democrats lose the Senate.
From trying to cut access to affordable health care to advocating for policies that work against the unemployed, there is no doubt about it -- Mitch McConnell and his Republican cohorts aren't backing down in their War on Women.
Look, I know firsthand how tough it can be for women to get ahead. Before my own mother, Naomi, became a singer, she struggled to find work and had to raise two daughters on a nurse's income. Luckily, we were able to overcome our struggles but I saw every day how tough it is for families to get ahead.
That's why I'm so proud to be part of an organization like EMILY's List. A group that simply won't stand for Republicans' anti-woman agenda? A community that fights tooth and nail for economic opportunity? An organization that works every day to elect pro-choice Democratic women? Count me in!
Will you join me and send Mitch McConnell and his anti-woman cohorts packing? Make a donation right now.
Some of the things he does make me think we're living in the 1950s. Voting 'yes' to defund Planned Parenthood? 'Yes' on cutting access to essential healthcare for our women in the military? Voting to block equal pay legislation, just two weeks ago?
Seriously, this feels like a Mad Men episode.
EMILY's List and I are on the same page -- it's time to ditch Mitch and his GOP allies. Can you donate right now and help us get his anti-women agenda out of Washington?
I don't know about you, but this hits awfully close to home for me -- and it's not just the Kentucky connection. Thanks for chipping in to help us ditch Mitch and his Republican allies.
All the best,
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: