Watch the ad and click here to donate to Nunn's campaign:There aren't a lot of things that get past me. So when people tell me that we should send more of the same type of leadership to Washington, I say no, no, no.
Especially now that Georgia has the chance to send an extraordinary leader to the U.S. Senate -- Michelle Nunn.Over the years I've worked with Michelle on service projects at Points of Light and I have seen first-hand how she brings people together and empowers them to solve problems. Collaboration, teamwork, civility, and a can-do spirit – these are all qualities Michelle brings with her to everything she does.
And while many people know of Michelle's work assisting communities around the world, what they might not know is her ability to make assists on the basketball court too.
Take a moment to watch Michelle's new TV ad – and because she's facing a critical April 30 fundraising deadline – contribute $10 or more right now to help make sure every Georgia voter gets a chance to watch this TV ad too.
Anyone who's watched a basketball game knows just how important timing is. If you wait too long to block a shot, you'll miss the opportunity…and give the other guy a chance to win. Let's make sure that doesn't happen here in Georgia.
The ball is in your court, help me support Michelle.
Right now, Michelle's got $14,905 left to raise in order to meet her April 30 online goal of $50,000. Contribute $10 or more right now and help her before the clock runs out.
I have a deep respect for Michelle. I got to know Michelle through her work at Points of Light - where I first participated through their celebration of service on Dr. King's birthday. We further bonded when our families attended the Special Olympics World Games together. We both know that every individual has the power to make a difference.
We all have the capacity to participate in this election. Nobody should be sitting on the sidelines.
Thanks for all that you do to support my friend Michelle,
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: