Click here to read more about Crist's plan and please do share it on social media:Today I am excited to release "Fair Shot Florida," the first part of my comprehensive plan to grow Florida's economy from the middle class out.
Take a look at the plan yourself -- then share it with your friends and family.
Here's what I plan to do if you give me the honor and privilege of serving as governor:
Restore Rick Scott's cuts to public school funding -- because our kids deserve to be our number one priority.
Urge the Legislature to raise the minimum wage to $10.10, because every Floridian deserves the dignity of being able to support their family.
Extend health care coverage to the almost one million Floridians who need it, creating 120,000 jobs and generating more than $5 billion in tax revenue for state and local governments.
Make higher education and vocational training more affordable by creating a loan-forgiveness program, a student loan financing authority, and making it easier for "first in the family" students to afford college.
Bring schools and business together to make sure that Florida's workers are learning the skills they need from day one.
Under Rick Scott, the scales are tipped in favor of the wealthy, the special interests, and the corporations. "Fair Shot Florida" is about giving everyday Floridians a chance at success.
Learn more about the first part of our plan -- then pass it along:
God bless you,
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: