A 10th accidental child shooting in August here in the U.S. And they've got similar problems in South Africa. So similar, in fact, that they've got a street gang called the "Americans." The My Parents Open Carry flap reminds me of the real life story of open carrier parents Meleanie & Scott Hain. Joan McCarter joins in with commentary on items both trivial and weighty. Ran(d) Paul's dine & dash; the new NBC/WSJ poll says (among many other things) that Congress is less popular than ever, but they're beating Putin, anyway. Interesting results also on income inequality, policy priorities and more. Big money attacks on Obamacare not moving the needle. Primary election results: "accidental Congressman" bounced; "top two" open primary, an idea promoted by Chuck Schumer to boost turnout, yields a two Republican race in WA-04. We ponder the rules implications of Republican control of the Senate, and note that we're in for another drawn-out fight over the torture report, unless maybe the new leaker gets hold of it. Lastly, the continuing storyline of Gop grifting.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: