"I've met David Koch on several occasions. I'm grateful to have enjoyed his support and the support of many of the people that support Americans for Prosperity across Indiana and across this country," Pence said in an interview as he headed into a private AFP dinner featuring remarks from Koch and a keynote speech by columnist and pundit George Will.Is it just me, or do some of these Koch candidates sound like cult members? Aside from that, it's worth taking notice that the Kochs are extending their agenda ahead of 2016. They already own the House, are doing their damnedest to buy the Senate in 2014, and are aiming to acquire the White House in 2016.
"I'm very grateful for the leadership of this organization," Pence said of Americans for Prosperity, which has backed his tax-slashing agenda in Indiana, and which is comprised partly of a foundation arm chaired by Koch. "I'm just honored to be able to come down today and be a part of this gathering and express my real appreciation for what Americans for Prosperity has meant in this country and in Indiana, in particular." […]
"Americans for Prosperity has demonstrated that you can bring together people from all across this movement who will work in concert to advance the principles of fiscal responsibility, pro-growth policies and limited government," Pence said.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: