Yesterday I did a diary trying to get a bead on early voting in Colorado but it was more anecdotal, e.g. gaging the response at the Fort Collins rally. So I did a more quantitative approach today.
So, I did the following:
1. Took the official party ID tallies for mail in ballots and early voting as of 8:30 pm. 10/23/2008
2. Used Rasmussen's latest Republican ID of 94% McCain, 6% Obama
3. Used Rasmussen's latest Democratic ID of 2% McCain, 95% Obama
4. Used Rasmussen's latest Independent ID of 39% McCain, 53% Obama
5. Divided by early votes + total received mail-in ballots
6. Divided by early votes + total requested mail-in ballots
Results after the fold:
Update: Fixed number of active registered voters.
For received + early ballots:
For requested + early ballots:
Applying my previous analysis only to early voting gets you:
Absolute estimated numbers:
Obama early voting: 46,367
McCain early voting: 35,650
Obama received mail-in ballots: 243,840
McCain received mail-in ballots: 221,645
Obama requested mail-in ballots: 880,139
McCain requested mail-in ballots: 704,860
Total number of active registered voters:
FYI the Excel spread sheet I did my analysis from is here:
Colorado Secretary of State's page:
Hey Colorado, mail in your freakin' ballots!!!