Today, Louisiana 1976, HoosierDeb, Purple Priestess, jlms qkw, grog, jennyjem and ItsJessMe, who also edited, scoured through 24 hours' worth of diaries to find these gems for you. Please take the time to read them and comment in them to let the diarists know that you appreciate the time they took to share their thoughts with the community.
- Was domestic goddess able to ask her congressman a question in a telephone town meeting? Find out in Methinks Gerlach Is Worried. (Louisiana 1976)
- fcvaguy asks you to Please Rec This Diary, and means the one written by Matglaze, who has a touching personal story of cancer survival, shared with the hope that it may help others in their struggle in My Cancer Did NOT Come Back. (jlms qkw and Purple Priestess)
- A "Carrington Event" will be The Next Great Thing to Kill Us All, claims Walden Ponderer, who also manages to work in the wonderful line "merchants of death and destruction are really less important than pound cake from your neighbors". (ItsJessMe)
- jamess concludes that if anyone should pay the price for destroying our planet, it should be the destroyers in Putting a Price on Carbon -- Polluting must No Longer be Free. (jennyjem)
- Bev Bell asks Jean-Jean's Survival: What is the Worth of a Haitian Child (Part I), and sadly reports that sometimes it's as little as twenty cents. (jlms qkw)
- As the qualification deadlines pass, Southernlib bemoans The Absence of Democracy in Florida. (ItsJessMe)
- deaniac83 finds distraction's afoot in the fight for proxy access and cautions that Screaming at the White House Won't Fix Financial Reform. (jennyjem)
jotter has High Impact Diaries: June 23, 2010.
gizmo59 has Top Comments (6/24/10)- Sacred Harp Edition.