We should not be surprised by any outrageous, sexist or racist statements Rush Limbaugh makes. Considering his recent denials of any impure, racist thoughts, it is interesting to take a walk down memory lane to see what he actually has said on the subject of Latinos. Railing against NAFTA in 1993, Rush Limbaugh said, "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people, I’m serious, let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."
During an appearance on Fox News, Limbaugh insulted Los Angeles’ Hispanic mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. He said the first time he saw Mayor Villaraigosa he thought the Latino was a “Shoe Shine Boy.” He was shocked to learn this Latino held such a high office and was, in fact, the Mayor of Los Angeles.
During one of his radio shows he said to Latinos, “You’re foreigners. You shut your mouth or you get out.” He continued to say, “A Chavez is a Chavez. We’ve Always Had Problems with Them.”
The list of racist remarks Limbaugh has uttered is long. For example he said Spanish was the language of the ghettos.
Who can forget his over exaggerated pronunciation of “La-teeee-na” when referring to United States Supreme Court Justice Sonja Sotomayor?
He just can’t seem to reconcile that he is insulting the largest growing demographic of the United States population.
When it comes to immigration, here’s a list of just a few things Limbaugh is quoted to have said;
• August 15, 2011, “[S]ome people would say we're already under attack by aliens -- not space aliens, but illegal aliens.”
• April 1, 2005, Limbaugh described undocumented immigrants as an "invasive species," saying: LIMBAUGH: So invasive species like mollusks and spermatozoa are not good, and we've got a federal judge say, "You can't bring it in here," but invasive species in the form of illegal immigration is fine and dandy -- bring 'em on, as many as possible, legalize them wherever we can, wherever they go, no matter what they clog up. So we're going to break the bank; we're going to bend over backwards. The federal judiciary is going to do everything it can to stop spermatozoa and mollusks from coming in, but other invasive species? We're supposed to bend over and grab the ankles and say, "Deal with it."
• January 31, 2011, Limbaugh asked: “[H]as the CDC ever published a story about the dangers of catching diseases when you sleep with illegal aliens?”
• March 28, 2006, Limbaugh said of Mexican immigrants: “[L]ook at it from Vicente Fox's point of view. I mean if -- if you had a renegade, potential criminal element that was poor and unwilling to work, and you had a chance to get rid of 500,000 every year, would you do it?”
• April 26, 2010, defending the controversial Arizona immigration law, Limbaugh asked: “Isn't protecting our legal citizens from an invading army of illegal aliens who are using our services and taking our jobs, isn't that a basic notion of fairness? Isn't that in the Constitution? Where is the fairness to American citizens here?”
• November 8, 2012, Limbaugh said, “Cubans aren't "popular in the overall Hispanic group" because they're not "as dark" and are "oriented toward work"
If you agree that the time has come for Limbaugh to make good on his offer to move to Costa Rica (and won’t he be popular down there?) then by all means join the fight.
Please consider joining our communities working to hold Rush Limbaugh accountable for hatred towards women, ethnic minorities, homosexuals, public sector workers, disabled persons and the poor. Just a few minutes a day letting sponsors know that their reputation is being associated with hate speech can make a huge difference.
To Become A Part Of The StopRush Projects,
Join: FlushRush Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/....
Visit: StopRush.Net: http://tinyurl.com/....
Sign: Petition: http://tinyurl.com/....
This article is for all the dedicated Stop Rush volunteers.
And, of course it is also dedicated to the memory of Richard Myers.