Sunday's official swearing-in ceremony
- 9 AM: Former presidents, House of Representatives members, senators, governors and Cabinet designees begin to arrive at the U.S. Capitol for the public, ceremonial inauguration of President Obama and Vice President Biden.
- 11:35 AM: Myrlie Evers-Williams, widow of slain civil-rights leader Medgar Evers, gives the invocation
- 11:46 AM: Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor administers the vice presidential oath of office to Vice President Biden
- 11:55 AM: U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts administers the presidential oath of office to President Obama
- 12 PM: Obama delivers the inaugural address
- 2:36 PM: The Obamas and Bidens begin the inaugural parade down Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House