- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Reverse World War II:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- The real lessons of Robin Kelly's victory, over her opponents and the NRA, by David Nir
- Abortion is just like the Holocaust, says death penalty lover, because he's a schmuck, by Kaili Joy Gray
- Gun violence: An interview with the founder of United Physicians of Newtown, by Greg Dworkin
- Plamegate: When Woodward was not worried about threats from the White House, by Armando
- Introducing the most important professionals in our midst, by Steven "DarkSyde" Andrew
- They marched and battled for the ballot, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Battle Los Angeles: What's at stake in Tuesday's election, by Dante Atkins
Libby's name is listed in the Feb. 23 report on pardons, commutations, reprieves and other forms of clemency the Republican governor is required to submit annually. Without elaboration, the report says Libby's civil rights were restored Nov. 1, 2012.
The contents of the report were first reported by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Libby was the chief of staff for Vice President Dick Cheney. He was convicted in 2007 of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements in a case involving leaked information that compromised the covert identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame. Libby's 2 1/2-year prison sentence was commuted by then-President George W. Bush.
- Just because:
- Great idea, NRA:
You really can’t make this stuff up. A school maintenance worker in – wait for it – Texas was attending a concealed-carry class at the local school.
The school district was sponsoring the class as part of its program to arm teachers and other school employees, in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre and the NRA’s call for America to arm its schools.
What could possibly go wrong?
You can guess what happened next.
The maintenance worker shot himself in the leg and had to get sent to the hospital, where he’s in fair condition.
- Great. Now this lunatic wants to help mold young minds?
Carl Paladino, the combative former candidate for New York governor, is running for a seat on the Buffalo school board.
- U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A.:
Nobody say anything, less’n we jinx it, but a new study shows that we might in fact no longer be locking up black people at a rate six times that of their white-people counterparts! USA! USA! Oh wait no, we read it wrong. Black men are still being incarcerated at a rate of 6.4 black guys to every 1 white dude. BUT! This is down almost a fifth over the past decade, when they had been imprisoned at a rate of almost 8 to 1! And black ladies are staying out of prison like a champ, while white chicks are making jail the hip new trend! Obviously, we blame Lindsay Lohan.
- Hey, look at that! The Weather Channel admits global warming exists.
- Um, wow:
A huge sinkhole about 30 feet across opened up under a man's bedroom and swallowed him, taking all of the furniture too.
Jeff Bush, 37, was feared dead after the floor gave way Thursday night. As he screamed for help, his brother Jeremy Bush jumped into the hole to try to help, but couldn't see him and had to be rescued himself. With the earth still crumbling, a sheriff's deputy reached out his hand and pulled Jeremy Bush, 36, to safety.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us to discuss the no-longer-"looming" sequester. NRO does its usual victim-blaming on rape in the military, even as conservatives say guns on campus will shut that whole thing down. Armando calls in to talk Woodward craziness. And UT ponders a bill giving parents the right to know if their kids' teachers are packing. This is somehow controversial.