We have too many people in America that want too much from government.His speech is also peppered with other winning Republican talking points:
- "Just because I believe that states should have the right to define marriage in the traditional way does not make me a bigot."
- "Not everyone needs to go to a four year liberal arts college."
- "They're not freeloaders. They're not liberals."
- "We don't need new ideas. The idea is called America and it still works."
- Oh, and something about how stupid liberals believe "science" about "climate change," but that very same science "proves" that "life begins at conception."
And of course Rubio offered up half a dozen poorly crafted jokes about water because, you know, of that one time he totally embarrassed himself on national TV with his gulp heard 'round the world.
So, in other words, Rubio offered up a generic Republican speech about how liberals have destroyed America, except for how it's still awesome and perfect, but we have to fill the government with conservatives before the Obamapocalypse destroys America, which is perfect. Ah, Republican logic.
Video of the entire speech is below the fold—if you dare.