2. Abandon those goals because they conflict with the resentful core of your party.
3. Continue to support legislation and policies that have narrow appeal or that offend those people you cyclically say you need to appeal to.
4. Ignore the people who you say you are trying to reach out to when they tell you that the policies you support are offensive to them.
5. Refuse to support any laws, agenda, priorities, or legislation integral to attracting the people you say you need to reach out to.
6. Mock and denigrate any laws, agenda, priorities, or legislation integral to attracting the people you say you need to reach out to.
7. Continue to support those party spokespeople and candidates who say outrageously offensive things about growing segments of the population whom you say you are trying to attract.
8. After failing to reach out to the people you keep saying you need to reach out to, attempt to undermine the participation of those people in the election process, thus motivating them to vote against you.
9. Lose next election.