OK

These are the most recent diaries filed under this tag:
I recently got a set of smoke alarms for review purposes. In the process of installing them and writing them up, I ended up learning more about smoke alarms in general, and thought it worth ...
by xaxnar
Comment Count 122 comments on Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM PST with 57 Recommends
Last spring, Jeannie Williams and her son, Jeffrey, checked into a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina--only to be overcome by carbon monoxide that killed Jeffrey and nearly killed Jeannie. Now ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 4 comments on Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 03:59 PM PST with 13 Recommends
Friday night's edition of 20/20 included what may be the first national mainstream media report on two carbon monoxide poisonings last spring at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina. For those ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 3 comments on Sun Jan 19, 2014 at 08:57 AM PST with 19 Recommends
There's a whole lot of fail to go around in two ghastly incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning that took place last spring at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina. From the workers who illegally ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 3 comments on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 01:23 PM PST with 12 Recommends
Last spring, three people staying at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina died in the space of two months while staying in the same room. It turns out they ingested lethal doses of carbon ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 4 comments on Thu Jan 09, 2014 at 09:17 AM PST with 13 Recommends
Last spring, three people staying at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina died in the space of two months while staying in the same room. It turns out they ingested lethal doses of carbon ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 6 comments on Wed Jan 08, 2014 at 03:37 PM PST with 23 Recommends
We may be on the verge of a breakthrough in the case of the deaths of three people in a Boone, North Carolina hotel this past spring from carbon monoxide poisoning--enough to merit a repost from ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 6 comments on Sun Jan 05, 2014 at 10:16 AM PST with 15 Recommends
We may be on the verge of a breakthrough in the case of the deaths of three people in a Boone, North Carolina hotel this past spring from carbon monoxide poisoning. A grand jury is due to hear ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 2 comments on Sat Jan 04, 2014 at 03:35 PM PST with 14 Recommends
Late last month, the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Hotel in Boone, North Carolina reopened after being closed for two months since the death of 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams from carbon monoxide ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 9 comments on Sun Aug 11, 2013 at 06:37 AM PDT with 15 Recommends
The Charlotte Observer recently got its hands on a raft of emails related to the deaths of an elderly couple from Washington state in a Boone, North Carolina hotel room back in April. We now know ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 6 comments on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 01:26 PM PDT with 18 Recommends
On Monday, we got confirmation that three people died at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina as a result of a carbon monoxide leak from an indoor pool heater located one floor below where the ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 9 comments on Wed Jun 19, 2013 at 02:45 PM PDT with 12 Recommends
As I mentioned earlier today , we now know that three people died at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina as a result of a carbon monoxide leak from an indoor pool heater located one floor below ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 19 comments on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 04:24 PM PDT with 20 Recommends
Back in April, Shirley and Daryl JenkinS, an elderly couple from Washington state, died in their room at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza in Boone, North Carolina. The cause? Carbon monoxide ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 117 comments on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 06:03 AM PDT with 119 Recommends
Last week, 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams was found dead in his room at a Best Western hotel in Boone, North Carolina. The cause--carbon monoxide poisoning. Now, according to a horrifying front-page ...
by Christian Dem in NC
Comment Count 87 comments on Sat Jun 15, 2013 at 08:31 AM PDT with 199 Recommends
Most modern kitchen ovens are "self cleaning" but if you are old enough, you may remember ovens that did not have this feature, and which required lots of scrubbing, often with caustic - hopefully ...
by NNadir
Comment Count 60 comments on Mon Aug 22, 2011 at 08:18 PM PDT with 8 Recommends
Even as I type these words tonight, thousands of people are still in the dark waiting for electricity to be restored. Back on Thursday, a severe ice storm swept up across the Northeast, ...
by xaxnar
Comment Count 36 comments on Tue Dec 16, 2008 at 07:27 PM PST with 18 Recommends
Saturday and I've got to work the 20th Annual Santa Barbara Wine Festival version. Congressmen ask Safeway about carbon monoxide-treated ...
by jillian
Comment Count 6 comments on Sat Jun 30, 2007 at 09:54 AM PDT with 9 Recommends
In the interest of keeping Kossacks informed about environmental advances around the world, here's another diary of recent climate change news down under. Most of the good news is from New Zealand ...
by retrograde
Comment Count 24 comments on Wed Apr 25, 2007 at 07:01 PM PDT with 26 Recommends