Second - Yes we must organize, but how can we defeat judicial appointments, "patriot" laws, etc. when we're so outgunned on the Hill?
We need to learn from our successes, and repeat them.
"It's the fascism, stupid!"
We won the Sinclair battle - and we can win many more like it.
Corporations are the vulnerability in this corporatist/fascist government.
This is where we must fight. This is where we must focus our organizing. More after the jump.
Protesting is good, but BushCheneyInc weren't phased by:
- The largest political convention protest & NY's largest protest ever;
- The largest world-wide protest in human history.
- A majority (in number & circulation) of newspapers endorsing Kerry;
- Our letters to the editor and correction emails.
We CAN influence the votes of repubs on the Hill.
We CAN influence which bills move forward and which stall.
- Identify THE issue - vote, bill, whatever (emphasis on "the" - this only works when we do one thing at a time - we need the strength of unified coordinated action.).
- Identify the players - those in Congress we want to move, and their biggest corporate backers (opensecrets.org is our friend).
- Hit the corporations where it hurts - Sinclair them - bad publicity, boycotts, letters, calls, etc. for their support of a Senator/Representative that is taking this action. The attack has to be tailored each time depending on the players.
Let the Kos-fights begin!
Where should we start?