Anyone else considering it? I'm a Catholic only because my parents baptized me when I was a baby. I'm also one of those Catholics who only goes to mass to make my mother happy. My attendence record has dwindled from nearly every Sunday down to just midnight mass (x-mas eve). I may break that tradition and not join my family for tonight's "celebration." After everything the Church has done including their involvement in the 2004 presidential election in which their candidate of choice was a lying, mass-murdering THUG over a devoted Catholic who happened to disagree with the Church on one major issue, I don't think I can take it! Does anyone think I'm making too big of a deal about this and just endure the hour for my mother's sake?
I'm sure my situation isn't unique and I'd appreciate it if my fellow Catholics take my poll. Thanks!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Rome890
- I am an Obama supporter, but I am an open-minded guy and I am very interested in why many of my family and friends support Hillary. Obama says that one of our biggest problems as a nation is a ...76 comments 30 Recs
- Wilma Mankiller, former Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation and first woman to lead a major Native American tribe in modern history, is endorsing Hillary Clinton. She served an enrolled ...52 comments 28 Recs
- Better people than Barack voted for that war resolution namely Senator Edward's and he has now left the election, leaving Hillary to bear the brunt of peoples frustration with the war and not George ...37 comments 7 Recs
- Hillary may not have won the first battle over health care but because of her brave efforts many more children did not have to suffer.409 comments 311 Recs
- I confess, I have never understood fandom. I remember hordes of young women so involved in their self-referential esctasy that they drown out John, Paul, George and Ringo. It took me several years ...609 comments 484 Recs
- I’m sure you’ve all seen tonight’s debate. I won’t rehash it all here but I thought you might enjoy seeing a few clips. A question early on in this debate related to the ...1025 comments 250 Recs
- 276 comments 233 Recs
- 128 comments 244 Recs
- 27 comments 12 Recs
- 115 comments 242 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.