I checked, and don't see this. What does it mean? Does that mean Terri can still survive? Will they put her feeding tube back in? Since only the headline is up on the NYT webpage as of 5 minutes ago, I don't know what to make of it. I'm not familiar with the legal preceedings and stuff, like what happens. Any comments? Opinions? This is straight from the NYT homepage, only a headline now. I didn't know the courts were open this late! Federal Appeals Court OKs Schiavo Review 11 minutes ago ATLANTA - A federal appeals court early Wednesday agreed to consider a petition for a new hearing on whether to reconnect Terri Schiavo's feeding tube. More below...
The ruling by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals came as the severely brain-damaged woman entered her 13th day without nourishment. Schiavo's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, have maintained that Schiavo would want to be kept alive and have asked the courts to intervene. Schiavo's husband, Michael, insists he is carrying out her wishes by having the feeding tube pulled. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=2&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_re_us/brain_damaged_woman&sid=84439559
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Mike from NJ
- Hey kittie lovers! I have been profoundly moved by a post I read at T-Rex's place about this amazing woman Lenee Latonzio (sp?) and her, truly wonderful ...61 comments 51 Recs
- Hey all, hope you like today's cartoon on the despicable Mitt.11 comments 9 Recs
- Since I was about 8 years old I knew I wanted to be a doctor. I have always loved science and loved people – there was no better way for me to put the two together in my mind. All the ...257 comments 415 Recs
- I provide abortions for my patients and for any other girl or woman who feels this her best option after making what is, for most women and their families, a soul searing self-examination before ...704 comments 653 Recs
- From LoftyDonkey....15 comments 12 Recs
- I know Kos doesn't offer undeclared candidates a spot on his Presidential preference poll, but I also know that if Gore were to jump in the race, he'd surely win a plurality of the votes and he'd ...695 comments 1475 Recs
- [Update: I resisted the BREAKING tag but this is important folks because we need some attention on this hearing!] Douglas Feith, intel neo-conman, warmonger, and CheneyOil apparatchik (and now ...203 comments 388 Recs
- 60 comments 46 Recs
- 333 comments 95 Recs
- 21 comments 17 Recs
Mike from NJ's Tags
- No current results.
Mike from NJ's Blogroll
- No current results.