The GOP's war on the judiciary is now entering dangerous territory.
Remarks by Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) on the Senate floor today:
I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence.Violence against judges is nothing short of domestic terrorism. And Cornyn (along with DeLay and their ilk) are nothing more than apologists for such violence.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by kos
- Ted Cruz There is just no way to square this circle. None whatsoever. After witnessing ...153 comments 161 Recs
- 198 comments 326 Recs
- America's Dumbest Congressman: Bush would have never invaded Iraq if he knew Obama would screw it up246 comments 165 Recs
- He'll get right on that. You ...180 comments 79 Recs
- Secret hypocritical double life? There's an app for that. Reverend Matthew Makela was recently listed on the St. John's Lutheran Church website as a devoted husband and father of five children. But,325 comments 222 Recs
- Umm ... pass? To get a feel for just how badly Jeb Bush is ...379 comments 257 Recs
- Not since Johannes Gutenberg made the Bible more accessible has information been so easily and (potentially) democratically shared as today. Pew Research just released the results of an extensive ...60 comments 37 Recs
- There are only so many ways you can say, "shooting cartoonists is wrong and free speech is great." Feel free to check out my previous responses to cartoonists being attacked ...66 comments 57 Recs
- Hillary ...58 comments 46 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs