And it is under attack from the Right for just that reason: right-wing Hugh Hewitt has launched a campaign encourage people to cancel their subscriptions to the Strib, in hopes of pressuring the paper to end its defense of real American values.
And Hewitt's allies at the blog Powerline are trying to keep up the pressure by directly attacking the top editor.
Cancelled subscriptions are unnerving the publisher and that some advertisers are suing because of what they say are false circulation numbers. I suspect that this last is thuggery on the part of the wingnut cabal that is coordinating this effort to get the editorial page director fired for his political beliefs
How to help Strib:
- Write supportive LTEs
- Investigate other newspapers false circulation numbers. Moonie Times, WSJ
- Subscribe for digital copies here
Some Star Tribune articles:
- Star Tribune Publishes Downing Street Memo
- Daily Kos: Editorial: Memorial Day/Praise troops bravery, seek forgiveness (for letting Bush lie)
- Mpls Star-Tribune: stop Sinclair!
- Star-Tribune endorse Independence Party candidate