This time of year there's lots of local news stories about the people who jump in on New Years Day all around the country. Not all Polar Bears are alike - I could probably do the Polar Bear dip in Miami, probably would reject the idea in Wisconsin. Still... the question remains...
You know, the folks that jump into lakes or rivers or the ocean at the beginning of the year with a bunch of other crazy people? Are you one? Have you been one?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by PSoTD
- This is the story of why my family has Persimmon Pudding and never Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving. It's more than that, of course, because all good stories are more than a just one thing. This story ...69 comments 40 Recs
- He wanted to extend the Bush tax cuts to the upper 2%, and then gift them with even 20% more off their taxes. He wanted to gift the defense industry by raising spending to unprecedented levels. He ...6 comments 6 Recs
- Soon after the nuclear disaster in Fukushima Japan a plan was put in place to downplay the health risks of radiation exposure. The Fukushima Health Survey, run by a WHO expert has managed to block ...18 comments 25 Recs
- Yo, Mitt. The election is over now. Remember your secret tax plan, the one where you cut taxes 20% across the board, and still raised more revenue? The one that was going to bring the deficit down? ...14 comments 8 Recs
- Wow. The election results on Tuesday must really have shaken Republicans to the core, because they are saying things I never thought possible. If you thought Sean Hannity's sudden love of ...181 comments 121 Recs
- Hello all, I've been a long-time reader of Dailykos, having started reading sometime during those horrible Bush years. But I believe this is my first time making a diary. I usually peruse all of ...57 comments 242 Recs
- Wasn't everyone that was correct basing their polling on 2008? They are actually claiming that all the polls that showed Obama winning were rigged with a pre-assumption that Obama would win and ...21 comments 8 Recs
- The difference between Dems and GOP was stark when it came to party elders. Bill Clinton showed the power of Democrats and worked hard in re-electing Pres. Obama and working and promoting Senate ...14 comments 25 Recs
- Yesterday, I wrote my first diary in what seems like ages. You may have seen it, it was on the rec list for quite some time. One person commented rather high up in the thread that he noticed I ...633 comments 175 Recs
- I can't get off the subject of the Iraq Study Group. I don't know why - I can't let it go. Something about the whole thing is nagging at me, like a tickle in my nose that heralds a sneeze that ...63 comments 47 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.