that among these are
and the pursuit of Happiness....whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. (President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office)
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. (Texas redistricting)
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices (Bush appoints cronies to the judiciary)
- For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us (troops quartered in Iraqi homes)
- For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States (war crimes go unpunished
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury (military tribunals)
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences (renditions)
For offenses against the People of the United States of America and the People of Iraq, President George Bush and his party stand accused before the Nations of the World and Almighty God. As it was 230 years ago, so shall it be tomorrow.
Cross posted at A Little Reality