More after the fold...
I have been watching this newest conflict in the Middle East with an increasing sense of a mix of dismay and horror. Though fairly uneducated about the whole long and complicated history of the region, I have formed an opinion, not infallible, but mine at this point. I am a person who is prone to choose the "underdog" and is always skeptical about anything the Bush Administration supports so fully. With my very independent personality and background combining with a lack of personal connection to Israel, my sympathies lie with the Lebanese/Palestinian people. You may disagree, many will I am sure, but it is better just to be open about where I stand from the start because this can get to be such an emotionally and bitterly debated issue.
Given my particular feelings about the conflict and the different parties involved, I find it easy to believe that the Israelis did, in fact, deliberately target the UN Observers, as was claimed earlier by UN Secretary General, kofi Annan. However, it did come as a shock to have heard someone such as Annan say it outright. I don't believe he is one for sensationalism, and in his position, I think that sort of thing would cost him dearly. So, what do you think??? I think he must have some pretty convincing evidence to come out so boldly.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by bittergirl
- As I was reading through the current recommended Bhutto assassination diary, and specifically its comments, I realized I had nothing intelligent to add to the discussion because I simply don't know ...189 comments 192 Recs
- My friend Katie is a remarkable woman and a pillar of society here in northwestern Pennsylvania. She is the mother of ten children and has, in recent years, become a grandmother. She is a minister ...206 comments 535 Recs
- Please recommend this diary, but comment in the most recent edition . Rec HERE, post THERE! The theory being we can keep ...248 comments 686 Recs
- Not that republican hypocrisy is anything new, or that this particular crew of Presidential candidates hasn’t shown on numerous occasions to be a shining example of contradictions and a ...187 comments 206 Recs
- I woke up this morning all excited for what the day will bring. Specter's hint of a Gonzales bombshell this morning. Packing for YearlyKos. Update on the Steven's investigation, and much, much ...1186 comments 875 Recs
- Recently, Bill O'Reilly made some reckless comments about our campaign and why Joe Biden won't be attending the YearlyKos convention in Chicago. "What is significant is that this ...221 comments 277 Recs
- The US conflagration in the oil well of the globe was ignited without attention to history, which is why it flares out of control. But that war, fought by GIs, mercenaries, and proxies, ...298 comments 245 Recs
- Let me start this difficult Diary with two disclaimers: 1. I’m undecided. I could see myself supporting most of the Democrats running for President is 2008. At the moment I’m ...615 comments 575 Recs
- Banks Delay Sale Of Chrysler Debt As Market Stalls Wall Street's corporate-debt machine has ...330 comments 465 Recs
- American Hero It is an over used phrase, cheapened by Bush, politicians, talking heads, marketing mavens and lazy journalists. Have you ever met an American Hero ? I mean, a ...61 comments 336 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.