"We have ignored the real threats and security needs in the war we should be fighting, the one against the terrorists."This is the message that needs to be hammered home. Should Lamont speak truth to power and ignore the Liebergoons and the negative Lieberman slime campaign, Ned Lamont will win this race by ten points come November.
Only the most brain damaged among us can still claim that Iraq was linked to 9/11 or that Iraq had WMDs in 2003. But what has the invasion of Iraq "accomplished." Regretably the missions accomplished are Osama Bin Laden's missions, not America's. And these are the seven major ways in which Bush/Lieberman have helped Osama Bin Laden.
1. Bush/Lieberman gutted resources that should have been used to capture and kill Osama Bin Laden, along with ayman Al Zawahiri and Mullah Omar. I'm sure Republicans will call me "anti-war" because I advocate using military resources to capture or kill these 3 monsters.
2. Bush/Lieberman have allowed the Taliban to retake most of Afghanistan, once again providing a training ground for terrorists. Somewhere there is a sign in Kabul that says, "Wanted, Neither Dead or Alive."
3. Bush/Lieberman have directly provided Osama Bin Laden with safe harbor in Pakistan, a country ruled by Bush's puppet Musharraf. Apparently, when Bush said that he would make no distinction between terrorists and those who harbor them, Pakistan was exempted behind closed doors. Or perhaps Bush is being consistent in that he is making no distinction between terrorist Osama Bin Laden and his harborers? They are both being given sanctuary by Bush.
4. Bush/Lieberman refuse to go after the financiers of 9/11. The Saudi govt financed 9/11. 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia. Instead of capturing or killing every Saudi official linked to 9/11, Bush/Lieberman tried to put them and their buddies in the UAE in charge of American port security.
5. Bush/Lieberman have aligned Iraq with the fundamentalist wackos in Iran. "Islamofascists" couldn't be happier.
6. Bush/Lieberman have weakened Israel. This is the most under-reported aspect of the Iraq invasion. How is Israel going to survive when you turn everyone of its allies into foes, when you strengthen Hezbollah and Hamas, and you undermine Israel's long standing higher moral ground with your Armageddonist driven wars?
7. Bush/Lieberman have severed our alliances. Terror plots are thwarted by friends. The fewer friends you have, the more likely a terrorist plot is to succeed. By invading Iraq, Bush/Lieberman turned America from the most loved nation on earth to the most hated. And thus, the number of terrorist incidents worldwide has increased dramatically since 2001.
Keith Olbermann stated it eloquently when he said:
How dare you, Mr. President, after taking cynical advantage of the unanimity and love, and transmuting it into fraudulent war and needless death... after monstrously transforming it into fear and suspicion and turning that fear into the campaign slogan of three elections... how dare you or those around you... ever "spin" 9/11.http://www.crooksandliars.com/...
Yes, how dare you George Bush!! And how dare you Joe Lieberman!!