So it's all good. Listen up, act as I instruct, and I will buy you a drink. I swear!
Coupon for a Cool One
Below you can see the presidential seal, something that, although defiled in recent years, still bares the burden of representing something very powerful.
It's true, just follow the instructions below and you'll be pounding down a free drink compliments of Moi. Now, before we move on, understand that this could theoretically cost me thousands of dollars -- after all, there are over 100,000 Kossacks registered here with yet hundreds of thousands of lurkers more to consider, so please take this seriously!
How to collect your drink from Tom Ball
Actually, the particular method you choose will be determined by Geography, but I'm sure you'll get that from the instructions.
STEP 1) Print this page and carefully cut out the "Tom Ball Owes Me a Drink" Presidential Seal.
<strike>STEP 2) Recommend this diary</strike>
STEP 2) Read the Diary below, entitled "Blograiser v2.0 -- Kossacks Across America" for Brian Keeler"
(Note: there's two options in 'Step 3)' so if you can't do the first option, try the next!!)
STEP 3) Come to the Brian Keeler Fundraiser (And bring your official "Tom Ball Owes me a Drink!" Presidential Coupon) in Manhattan (Monday September 25th from 7:00 -- 10:00 PM EST At Prey NYC located at 4 East 22nd Street)
STEP 3) Get together with some fellow Kossacks in your neck of the woods as a 'satellite' Brian Keeler Fundraiser (also on Monday September 25th but a little earlier -- from 6:00 PM -- until... local time so the event can overlap with the Manhattan event at some point) and be sure to log-in to the Live-blogging of the event right here on the front-page of DailyKos! (Please let me know if you choose to do this by leaving a comment below!!)
opendna (email: jay (at) opendna.com) is organizing a Los Angeles satellite and...
highacidity (highacidity (at) gmail.com) is organizing a San Francisco satellite...
...so if you live in their area, please drop them a line at their listed email addresses. If you don't live in their area, then please step up and organize one -- grab a few Kossacks and get together for a bit of fun that night. Totally casual. Totally fun!
STEP 4) If you come to the Manhattan Keeler Fundraiser, tap me on the shoulder, stick the official "Tom Ball Owes me a Drink!" Presidential Coupon firmly in my face, and VOILA!! A drink of your choice will be duly delivered to your anxiously awaiting hand. (* Certain caveats apply -- see below)
Or If you attend or organize a 'satellite' Keeler Fundraiser, meet me at Yearly Kos next year, tap me on the shoulder, stick the official "Tom Ball Owes me a Drink!" Presidential Coupon firmly in my face, and VOILA!! A drink of your choice will be duly delivered to your anxiously awaiting hand. (* Certain caveats apply -- see below)
* Caveat: I love you all, but if you think I'm spottin y'all for snifters of brandy, then you're nuttier than squirrel on crack. All owed drinks are restricted to 'house specials' (with or without alcohol). That's fair isn't it?
So that's it. Here I am willing to put my reputation and financial well-being on the line for a guy (Brian Keeler) because he is someone who I believe in -- a Kossack who shares our vision, and someone who deserves our support.
So let's ROCK!!! And support Brian Keeler in this last push to the November Elections!!
"Blograiser v2.0 -- Kossacks Across America" for Brian Keeler
Here's the deal. As many of you already know, one of our very own, Kossack Brian Keeler, is running to unseat incumbent Republican Steve Saland from the State Senate seat in NY's 41st District (WAIT...okay, so he's a NY candidate and you're not from NY, but please continue reading because we need your help to make this work -- whether you're from Boise, Cheyenne, Tampa, or Houston. This is critical to our movement. So please hear me out. And please see toward the bottom for the reasons why Brian's candidacy is critical to EVERYONE!)
On the evening of Monday September 25th (That's next Monday) we will be holding a transnational 'Blograiser' for the Keeler candidacy.
But we need YOU to help us make it a blazing success -- and what we ask is very simple and VERY FUN:)
This is what will happen and what we need from YOU:
1) First, there is the PRIMARY PHYSICAL FUNDRAISER Monday, September 25, 2006, 7:00 - 10:00 PM EST, @ Prey NYC (Online and beyond) 4 West 22nd Street. If you live near Manhattan, we want you ALL there that night. I guarantee you will have a great time -- just ask those who came to the event back in July!!
2) KOSSACKS ACROSS AMERICA: Second, we need volunteers to organize local Kossack meetups on Monday 9/25! So far opendna has volunteered to spearhead the organization of a Los Angeles satellite. But we're looking to every corner of the nation. Take the reigns! Contact your fellow regional Kossacks and get together on 9/25! Whether it's 5, 25, or 200 supporters -- a house party, a formal gathering or a few beers at a bar, it's all good! Just drop a comment below to let us know you are organizing for your town/area. I'll contact you soon thereafter or you can contact me first at TomBall@Keeler2006.com. Anything you can do will be appreciated!!
3) LIVE-BLOGGED ON DAILYKOS: The online portion of the Blograiser will be front-paged right here at DailyKos (Thank you very much, Markos!) -- live-blogged from Manhattan and around the nation! This is the 'Blog' part of the 'Blograiser'.
4) STAYING CONNECTED -- bringing us all together: To keep the multiple 'satellite' blograisers connected in a single transnational event, all local Kossack blograisers will be simultaneous connected -- live-blogging their individual events on the same DKos front-page thread! AND Candidate Keeler will be sure to call in to every single gathering around the nation! Logistically, that means that NY will have the Blograiser from 7PM -- 10PM while the rest of the nation holds their counterpart between 6PM and 9PM local time -- each one calling in and signing on as their Blograiser begins. Thus there will be some time-straddling necessary due to differing time zones.
* WE NEED YOU!! Please volunteer to organize one of these get-togethers. Again, this does NOT have to be a complex affair -- just get some Kossacks together in your area. Grab a bite or a drink. Throw a house party, or meet at a coffee shop, lounge, or bar. Log in and have a great time -- all while forwarding our Netroots candidate!!
* Everyone who wishes to organize a satellite Blograiser for "Kossacks Across America", please leave your name (or alias), and email address in the comments below and please email me at TomBall@Keeler2006.com. I will compile the information into a single post so others can see if there is a Blograiser in their area. I will post a diary about it every day through next Monday AND I will have a permanent post on the front page of PoliticalCortex.com updated with each new piece of information (since the diaries are likely to have a limited lifespan on DKos)
* Volunteer organizers can also check to see if there is a 'Drinking Liberally' or Kossack meetup mailing list available for their area as well.
5) MEDIA ATTENTION: Clearly, this will be an event unprecedented in American (And presumably Global) politics. The media, offering positive publicity to both the Netroots and the Keeler 2006 campaign, will cover it. This will promote a further image of the unity, determination, and resourcefulness possessed by the progressive Netroots -- characteristics that will force the mainstreamers to listen up, open their minds, avoid the mistake of taking us for granted, and understand that we will not go quietly into the woods.
MAKING POLITICAL HISTORY: With the combination of the primary NYC event, the satellite events across the nation, and the online DKos live-blogged event, this could very well be one of the largest, simultaneous political fundraisers in US History -- an innovation and a display of unity and determination that could be brought to the world ONLY from the Netroots.
BONUS: CrashingtheStates has announced that they will be joining us at the Keeler "Blograiser v2.0 -- Kossacks Across America". We want you there as well! It's clearly going to be an outstanding time!
Above is the root of what we wish to accomplish along with the things that we need from you. So please volunteer and please attend!!
For more on why Brian Keeler's candidacy is SO IMPORTANT to Everyone, keep reading...
Why Brian's Race Matters to You and Your Family:
First the background: The Democrats currently hold a supermajority in the NY state assembly -- a position they are expected to maintain post-November. Eliot Spitzer and his running mate David Paterson are expected to storm their way into the Governor's Mansion. And Hillary is expected to do the same in her respective slot. The only real obstacle to NY's complete transformation into a True Blue Democratic progressive state is the State Senate where four Democratic pickups are required to put it and all of NY in Democratic hands.
Brian, as candidate for NY State Senate in the 41st District, has been endorsed by Spitzer, Clinton, and Schumer. And the NY State DSCC has designated his race a 'Top Tier' pickup. The 41st district has been trending progressive in recent years while the current Republican Incumbent just barely won the last election. Add to that a very low public appraisal of Republicans flowing in an anti-incumbent wave and BOOM! You have the perfect opportunity to make the 41st District a brilliant Democratic blue.
And here's just a few of the things that Brian's November victory could mean for those of us across the nation:
1. Brian will bring Netroots values to an elected office. A lot of politicians are actively courting the Netroots, coming to us from afar, and telling us they will listen to what we have to say. Brian, on the other hand, emerged FROM WITHIN US, having been a Kossack and blogger for quite some time (check out his user ID). Brian is fully familiar with the things that are important to Kossacks and bloggers, because he IS one. Accordingly, there is no question he will emphasize the things that are important to us once elected.
2. If Brian wins, New York could become a "progressive laboratory" for other States to follow. Accordingly, if we can help Brian win, we can help turn the New York State Senate Democratic, and give New York an all-Democrat government, creating a "progressive laboratory" on health care, the environment, minimum wage, and other issues, and act as a model for other States.
3. A Democratic Senate could produce (Through redistricting) up to FIVE NEW SEATS for the US House of Representatives!!!
4. You can make a bigger difference in a smaller race. A small $$ contribution makes little difference in a US Senate race, and not much more of a difference in a House race. However, as the races get smaller and smaller, your $$'s, and your volunteer time, make a bigger and bigger difference, relatively. A State Senate race is a comparably small race, and if you choose to get involved here, you will make a comparably bigger difference.
The Bottom Line is that Brian's race could possibly determine whether or not there is a beacon of Progressive light in America come 2007 -- an unapologetic powerhouse that can and will set the progressive precedent for other states across the nation. NY will be the place where progressive ideals are pioneered and promoted.
But NOT if we have an obstructionist Republican state senate gumming up the works -- crippling Spitzer at every turn and holding up the legislation that is so critical to the advancement of the progressive political movement in America.
The Butterfly Effect
This is the place toward which we must ALL focus. Brian's race is about MUCH more than Brian, or his individual senate seat, or NY state, or even America. Knowing that such a powerful progressive state could indeed set the example for the most powerful nation in the world, there is little doubt that the long-term effects could be both global, long-lasting, and critical to world peace and prosperity.
So please TAKE ACTION NOW!!!
Volunteer to Organize a meetup for "Blograiser v2.0 -- Kossacks Across America" in your hometown! Take the reigns! Contact your fellow regional Kossacks and get together on Monday, September 25th!! Whether it's 5, 25, or 200 supporters -- a house party, a formal gathering or a few beers at a bar, it's all good!
Support Brian Keeler for NY State Senate (41st District)!!
Further DKos Reading:
One of Our Own Declares Candidacy by SusanG
ROCK!!!!!!!!!! By Tom Ball
Why You Should Support Brian Keeler (logical argument below!) by Pontificator
With Brian Keeler in the NY State Senate and Ned Lamont in the US Senate there may be hope for this world after all.
Keep the People Power Rolling!!