"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."
Nope, what's important is what I intended.
For you see Alice (may I call you Alice? There's a song about Alice), as we learned again (and again and again) in the coverage of today's presser it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it or how down the rabbit hole your logic is, it's all about the intended audience and whether you're using the right whistle.
So, do you think he reached the conservative base? I dunno, do you know? I dunno, do you know? I dunno, do you know? It's obvious, isn't it, who he's trying to reach? That's the way it's always been. And it's always worked. Yeah, it's always worked. In the past. You know.
Well, does it matter that we've just heard the same old pack of lies? I don't think that's true, there were definitely some new lies. No you're both wrong, the variations of the old lies signal new lies after the election, nothing has changed yet. So is this staying the course? No, there's new language involved which demonstrates a shift in rhetoric. I think we can agree that the administration's rhetoric is evolving. Look, are you deliberately trying to alienate the base and demotivate the electorate, using the e word? Everything is as has been written in the book.
Benchmarks are marks you put on your philosophical workbench so you can cut stuff the same size or any random size depending on how many there are and how sharp your pencil is. Timetables involve the use of 4th dimensional thinking and special relativity. You know. Hard work. It would be easier if I were the dictator, then trains would run on time.
Certain dates are not worth having. You can tell that they're just not that into you. But the limo is paid for, time to hit the mini bar?
It's nice to have an audience that nods their heads and says- "Brilliant!"
Links to questions-
- It blows my mind - I Explaining Developments
- It blows my mind - II Strategery and Tactics
- It blows my mind - III World War II
- It blows my mind - IV Are We Winning?
- It blows my mind - V Stay the Course
- It blows my mind - VI Prime Minister Maliki's News Conference
- It blows my mind - VII Accountability and Rumsfeld
- It blows my mind - VIII The Definition of Failure
- It blows my mind - IX Civil War
- It blows my mind - X Permanent Bases
- It blows my mind - XI Referendum on Iraq
- It blows my mind - XII Accountability and Maliki
- It blows my mind - XIII A Failure to Achieve
- It blows my mind - XIV When Johnny Comes Marching Home
- It blows my mind - XV We Will Bury You
- It blows my mind - XVI Scandals