If you needed the last straw to stop paying attention to "The Economist", here it comes. The cover page of the latest issue is the picture of menacing clouds over the Capitol, with ravens circling over and vultures poised to peck on it. The header: "The vultures gather, America's mid-term elections". The lead article then proceeds to half-heartedly making the argument that the republicans are about to get what they deserved, followed by "None of this amounts to an enthusiastic endorsement of the incoherent Democrats". And "[the democrats] ha[ve] no better ideas than the president for dealing with the mess in Iraq(and some worse one)" I guess they have in mind that secret plan that he's not telling anyone about. Despicable. And then there is the "Madam Speaker?" article on Nancy Pelosi, who "seems made for caricature". They are mentioning the liberal base, "hog-wrestling-mad at the president". Somehow, I doubt they had anything bad to say about Hastert (before Foley). Despicable.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by KPlayer
- For those of you that did not figure out the terrorism hooplah was nothing more than propaganda to allow laws once held sacrosanct to be tossed aside by the time people were being told to go out and ...131 comments 171 Recs
- When governments become vindictive and petty “There is simply no basis for believing that David Michael Miranda presents any threat whatsoever to the UK government. The only possible intent ...348 comments 307 Recs
- I started to write a long reply to Vyan in his nice diary about all the safeguards against NSA abuse. It got too long and I thought it too important to see it buried. It was this part of his diary ...425 comments 270 Recs
- At the laundromat. The man, it looked like his grandfather, didn't see me until after he did it, I was outside in the dark coming into the laudromat. I did spank my daughters when they were two ...137 comments 28 Recs
- The current ROV DIARY: BP Oilpocalypse ROV #90 Rules of the ...83 comments 463 Recs
- The current ROV DIARY: BP Oilpocalypse ROV #86 Rules of the ...83 comments 536 Recs
- The current ROV DIARY: BP Oilpocalypse ROV #78 Rules of the ...123 comments 613 Recs
- BP LMRP Liveblog Mothership: Day Ten The current ROV DIARY: here . Rules of the ...73 comments 623 Recs
- The current ROV DIARY: here . Rules of the Road Let's keep this a meta diary. To ...88 comments 659 Recs
- I've been meaning to write this piece about Dadaism over the last few months because my eldest daughter (13) had casually told me some time ago that my sense of humor was "weird". "Surely," I ...196 comments 211 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.