UPDATE 4.00am EST - it's definitely a coordinated campaign. See full update inside
I'm compiling information about the robo-calls, starting with a list of congressional districts that have received robo-calls to suppress the vote. We can use this list to prove that the NRCC is systematically suppressing the vote nation-wide in a coordinated campaign.
We can stop these calls, and one of the ammunition we need is detailed and complete evidence that it's happening everywhere. Also, it would be nice if we could get leaked NRCC emails (etc) showing it's a co-ordinated, centralized campaign. And perhaps shut down the company that's running the calls? Who is it? I can dream....
UPDATE 1.30am EST - it appears the calls are coming from CONQUEST COMMUNICATIONS GROUP -- contact details inside!
Anyway, the list, forthwith, below the fold. PLEASE CONTRIBUTE IN THE COMMENTS. I will be adding to the list as long as I can stay up.
The races with confirmed fake robo-calls so far are: CA-04, CA-50, CT-04, CT-05, FL-13, GA-12, ID-01, IL-06, IL-08, KS-02, NC-11, NH-02, NY-19, PA-06, WA-05.
List of districts with vote-suppressing calls (????? indicates I need info!)
- CA-04 - against Charlie Brown - by (R) Doolittle - AG Bill Lockyer - LINK
- CA-50 - against Francine Busby - by (R) Bilbray - AG Bill Lockyer - LINK
- CT-04 - against Diane Farrell - by ???? - AG Richard Blumenthal - LINK
- CT-05 - against Chris Murphy - by NRCC - AG Richard Blumenthal - LINK
- FL-13 - against Christine Jennings - by NRCC - AG Charlie Crist - LINK
- FL-16 - ?????
- GA-08 - ?????
- GA-12 - against John Barrow - by ? - LINK
- IA-03 - ?????
- ID-01 - against Larry Grant - by ???? - AG Lawrence Wasden - LINK
- IL-06 - against Tammy Duckworth - by NRCC - LINK
- IL-08 - against Melissa Bean - by NRCC - LINK LINK
- KS-02 - against Nancy Boyda - by ???? - AG Phill Kline - LINK
- KY-02 KY-04 - ?????
- MI-07 - against Sharon Renier - by ???? - LINK - NB this is an impersonation, different M.O.
- NC-11 - against Heath Shuler - by ???? - Attorney General Roy Cooper - LINK
- NH-02 - against Paul Hodes - by NRCC - LINK
- NY-19 - against John Hall - by NRCC - LINK LINK
- NY-25 - ?????
- NY-26 - ?????
- PA-06 - against Lois Murphy - by NRCC - Attorney General Tom Corbett - LINK
- VA-02 - ?????
- WA-05 - against Peter Goldmark - by "unknown harasser" - AG Rob McKenna - LINK
- WI-08 - ?????
The recordings both exhibit the same phrase "XYZ is wrong on taxes" in the conclusions.
Source of calls:
Could be Conquest Communications Group, of Richmond, Va. according to several news stories (e.g. LINK one, LINK) based on FEC filings. Communications Group: 2812 Emerywood Parkway, Suite 103, Richmond, Virginia 23294. - PHONE (804) 358-0560 - FAX (804) 213-0797
- Victor A. Gresham (founding partner)
- David S. Johnson (founding partner) (used to work for NRCC)
- Winfree W. Chewning, Jr. (SVP)
- Broc B. Johnson (Sr. Account Rep.)
Broc Johnson contact info (probably the responsible manager):
- (804) 358-0560 (Office)
- (804) 683-3467 (Cell)
Contact your Attorney General: list at NAAG.org. INCLUDES PARTY AFFILIATION.
Please provide a link to a news story/ blog post/ dkos diary / comment!
They're supposed to be doing this in 53 districts - can we find evidence for all of them, tonight? What other hard data can you provide!
UPDATE 4.00am EST: Here's what I can say now with confidence: This is a single, national, co-ordinated campaign by the NRCC and Conquest Communications Group. It covers 15 known districts across the country. Many of the calls begin with the phrase "Hi. I'm calling with information about [Dem candidate]", call back many times, and call at night / very early a.m. Many people receiving the calls are complaining to the (innocent) Dem candidate. I'm going to bed now for a while.
If you want to do something, start with this diary by G2geek where there's lots of action items in the diary and press contacts in the comments.
ACTION ITEM: If you're feeling adventurous, GO TO CONQUEST'S OFFICE in Richmond, Virginia, and try to find out the truth - take your video cameras! BE POLITE! Best to do this EARLY MORNING to get maximum surprise value. Bring the press!!!!!
Also, definitely contact your state AG, because they are most likely to be able to do something quickly in terms of legal action/injunctions. Focus on the Democrat AGs (see the list for affiliations)
Let's all pile on this one! If you have any more hard data, post it and I'll add it to the diary as soon as possible (like when I pull myself out of bed... maybe at 10 am EST).
Update 2.30pm EST: Added GA-12. Also, is this a form of IDENTITY THEFT? Sounds like a good frame to me!!!
Update 3.15pm EST: For New York state: debcoop has reporters who want to talk to anyone who has received these robo-calls identity thefting Dem candidates. see her diary if you have. Her email is email@example.com.
It would appear Broc Johnson at Conquest is the responsible manager (see above) - get the media to call him...
Thanks for all the data. Keep it coming!</div>