This was diaried about 8 hours ago, but I don't think it got the attention it deserves. In Texas 23, Republican Henry Bonilla has been forced into a runoff. His district was one of the handful redistricted and he needed to get over 50% of the vote to avoid a runoff. He received 48%. While his upcoming Democratic challenger, who you should be familiar with, received just 21%, the combined Democratic total in the district was 49%. His Democratic challenger is former Congressman Ciro Rodriguez. Let's complete the 2006 election victory by getting Ciro Rodriguez back into Congress.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Adam T
- Last week, Sean Hannity broadcast live from San Joaquin Valley an astroturf ...155 comments 270 Recs
- It's something out of a twisted wingnut fantasy: 25,000 identically-dressed, tough-looking men and a charismatic leader with a simple, strong motto (in this case, "Believe! Obey! Fight!") barge ...347 comments 430 Recs
- Chait at The New Republic point out that neither the McCain campaign, nor the sad pathetic ...27 comments 14 Recs
- MSNBC is currently running a NY Times piece which reports that Jerome Corsi, the "author who launched Swift Boat attacks in '04" is prepared to ...65 comments 27 Recs
- Today I was thinking about the business impact of recessions. As I flipped through Forbes and Fortune, it seemed to me that, while the headlines weren't trumpeting the news, the sidebars sure seemed ...34 comments 7 Recs
- Candidate filing is sailing along with lots of states now having completed candidate filings. And other than a truly woeful performance by the Texas Democratic Party we are humming along. My last ...19 comments 20 Recs
- John Laesch has a large and devoted following around here. No doubt he deserves it. He's a smart hard worker with impeccable liberal creds, a solid background, and the promise to be a fine ...2 comments 3 Recs
- Some kids carry the US Constitution in their pocket. Helluvan idea! In this primary season, if you ...198 comments 196 Recs
- The first Beatle to die tragically young once said, "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Life is also what happens when we're not blogging. In the better late than ...3 comments 9 Recs
- John Dean, Richard Nixon's White House lawyer and most recently author of [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0143038869/findlaw-20 Conservatives Without Conscience ], has published the ...367 comments 350 Recs
Adam T's Tags
- No current results.
Adam T's Blogroll
- No current results.