Key Dems say they will block Mukasey nomination unless he says waterboarding is torture and condemns it.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Phoenix Woman, yerioy, thesill, artebella, bablhous, MichDeb, The Raven, FightTheFuture, hcc in VA, Nancy Hartley, dallasdave, Aureas2, portorcliff, natalie902
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by machiado
- Status of the healthcare.gov website: SITE IS NOW FUNCTIONAL See below for my healthcare.gov application process notes. The government responded to criticism that people couldn't get cost ...31 comments 12 Recs
- FINAL UPDATE The diary title says it in dollars. I defy you to describe it emotionally. The Ames Family and I are both having a busy day. Both Mark and Shanan are so relieved and they thank you ...89 comments 170 Recs
- Un-frickin-believable. 86% of FEMA's staff was sent home by the Republican Chuckleheads when they shut the government down. Now Tropical Storm Karen is churning into a potential Hurricane ...91 comments 170 Recs
- In the interest of bipartisan comity : "We're not going to be disrespected, we have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is." -- Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-IN), quoted by the ...335 comments 652 Recs
- Kossacks, take a bow. You made Mark and Shannon's life a whole lot better. So far you have contributed $1,029. That will save their van from auction. I have Kos-mail from people suggesting that we ...234 comments 91 Recs
- The latest round of Syria diaries is in full flower. Given the nature of this community, it isn't surprising that their themes range from "dang, Obama's lucky" to "Russia's the white knight here?" ...418 comments 292 Recs
- He's also far more informed than I am, and a far better politician than I am. Now, not to brag too much, but I'm not an idiot and I am pretty well-read. But Obama kicks ass. And he keeps *on* ...697 comments 321 Recs
- Congress is considering a resolution that would authorize the President to use force against Syria for a limited period of time and restrict the force that could be used by excluding ground troops. ...125 comments 116 Recs
- For the past three weeks, while my students have continued attending my classes and dealing with a substitute teacher, I have been sitting at home waiting for the hearing which may end my teaching ...186 comments 495 Recs
- YOU helped our son beat the deep pockets of the school district. Now YOU can help to make sure that those who were responsible for the horror and abuse that our son endured will never be in a ...58 comments 177 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.