OK, I have 5 donuts (troll-ratings, hide-ratings, zeroes, whatever you wanna call 'em. Help me find some comments to use them on. But you gotta follow the rules!
The rules are below the flip. Read them. Follow them.
Rule 1: No users that have already been banned.
Rule 2: Nothing too old to rate. If you don't have the option to Recommend a comment, then I can't hide it either.
Rule 3: No comments that are already hidden. I can find those myself. Find me ones that need my donuts to hide them.
Rule 4: No borderline cases. When in doubt, don't do it. Give me something that is obviously hide-worthy.
Here are some kinds of donut-bait comments I am looking for:
- "If Hillary/Barack/Edwards wins the nomination, I will vote for McCain." - There's a word for McCain voters - Republicans. That shit don't belong here.
- "Hillary is a bitch/Obama is an Uncle Tom/Edwards has a sissy haircut" - Overt sexism, racism, and homophobia need to get the fuck out.
- "Anne Coulter is a tranny." - Very offensive to transgendered Democrats. Transgendered people take enough abuse without being compared to Coulter.
- "Your mother's a whore" - Some personal attacks are beyond the pale. Some are borderline. Don't give me borderline.
- "I hope someone shoots him/her or rapes him/her." - This is not OK. Well, it's OK to hope someone shoots Osama Bin Laden, or Mullah Omar, but personally I'd rather they stand trial. But it's not OK to wish (or threaten) this on Republicans, celebrities, pundits, foreign heads of state, etc.
- "Bush made 9/11 happen on purpose!" - AKA MIHOP. Batshit loony conspiracy theories don't belong on DKos.
Please, think twice before you post a link to a comment here that is merely bad. If it's a borderline case, you may attract more uprates than hide-ratings, and thus attract more attention and support for a comment that doesn't really deserve it.