I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there are an unusually high number of hotspots around the globe on the brink of all-out war today.
Check out who below the fold...
* The Saudis have advised their citizens to leave Lebanon immediately after a bullet hit a diplomat's car. Earlier this week our idiot in chief ordered 3 warships to take up position on the Lebanon coast,, in an ill-advised move. Surprise, surprise, this has been seen as provocative and fanning the flames of the mounting troubles there. Also, the Israeli army is training for its next Lebanese War.
* In the only twofer besides the good ole USA, Israel is also on the brink of war with the Palestinians as southern Israel continues to get attacked with rockets, resulting in Israel killing 100 Palestinians yesterday.
* Tanks and troops patrol the streets of the Armenian capital Yerevan after a bogus presidential election resulted in violent protests in which 8 were killed.
* Kosovo has declared independence, inflaming Russia and Serbia, who have vowed to maintain sovereignty over Serb-majority areas of Kosovo.
* and, um, of course, most of the continent of Africa
* Iran (do I really need to explain this one? Didn't think so.)
* Pakistan (see Iran above)
The sad thing is there is no doubt in my mind I've overlooked several conflicts.
For such a short diary, this sure is exhausting me. Know what I mean?