[NOTE: I humbly request that you read this diary all the way to the end. And if the title and initial content make you angry, please skip right down. Thank you.]
It's been covered very little in this campaign, but Hillary Clinton used to work for actual Communists and Black Panthers -- members of organizations whose radical agendas believed that the United States is a corrupt, decadent, criminal nation.
Here's Carl Bernstein describing how Hillary worked for radicals who rejected America...
"That summer she went to work at the most important radical law firm in America at that point: Treuhaft, Walker and Bernstein in Oakland. They defended the Panthers. Two of their partners were members of the Communist Party--including Bob Treuhaft, who was married to Jessica Mitford. I talked to Bob Treuhaft not long before he died, and he said he was certain that Hillary came there because she subscribed to some of the kind of law they practiced and the kind of clients they defended. In her so-called autobiography, "Living History," she put in a couple of sentences about living in Berkeley with Bill that summer and working at that law firm, but she makes it sound like their work focused on postal rate increases. There's not a word about radicals."
Hillary voluntarily worked for people who believed that capitalism is evil, and who did not acknowledge the millions killed under Stalin in the U.S.S.R.
From the Communist Party of America website:
Capitalism is very undemocratic and unpatriotic. It gives people no say in the economic decisions made by corporations, which can affect the lives and livelihoods of hundreds or thousands of workers and kill whole communities. It ignores borders whenever there is money to be made. The almost overwhelming force of money in politics is the opposite of free speech.
What are the CPUSA’s views on the USSR?
The subject of the USSR is a complex one. There was certainly an insufficiently developed democracy, but to dismiss over 70 years of their history developing socialism as completely undemocratic is a gross oversimplification. They practiced forms of economic democracy and worker involvement unknown in this country. They offered citizens many essential benefits that the drive to capitalism has destroyed.
The Black Panther Party has a similar history of rejecting the values of the United States of America, and calling for revolution against our government.
Here's the Black Panther Party's Ten-Point Program, a manifesto from the 1960s. It drips with contempt for the United States, and offers outrageous "solutions" to America's supposed evils... ideas much like the American Communist Party advocated:
- We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
- We want full employment for our people.
- We want an end to the robbery by the white man of our Black Community.
- We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
- We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present-day society.
- We want all black men to be exempt from military service.
- We want an immediate end to police brutality and murder of black people.
- We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
- We want all black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their black communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
- We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace. And as our major political objective, a United Nations-supervised plebiscite to be held throughout the black colony in which only black colonial subjects will be allowed to participate for the purpose of determining the will of black people as to their national destiny.
Does Hillary Clinton still advocate for all of the ideas above?
Does Hillary Clinton agree with the Communist Party, and the Black Panther Movement? Does she still intend to work for their goals?
She tries to come off as a moderate, but it's clear that she CHOSE to work for people who believed that America was only a force for evil in this world. If she didn't agree with that, she never would have worked with them. She was an adult, after all.
And if she's changed her mind about America being a force of evil, how can we be sure we won't change it again? She doesn't seem to have any core principles.
How can we elect such a person as President?
Is the content of this diary fair? No. It's based on facts, but from there relies completely on guilt by association, conflates wildly, and throws out scurrilous accusations that completely ignore nuance, context, and even time.
It is, in short, exactly the kind of hit job that the Clinton campaign and its hardcore supporters (Larry Johnson, Taylor Marsh, et al.) have been perpetrating on Barack Obama for many months now.
This is a little taste of what the Obama campaign might use if it sunk to the level of the Clinton campaign. Hillary and her surrogates boast about having been vetted -- and therefore, theoretically untouchable by Republicans in November.
Ah, but there's always more. And using Clinton logic, the Obama campaign should have trotted all the above stuff out because it's in the interest of the Democratic Party. That is, Hillary must be subject to a good pre-vetting by her Democratic rival, and nothing is off-limits.
And if she or the campaign or even a few supporters complain about sordid tactics, then they must have the likes of Bill Clinton or James Carville complain about Hillary being weak, and whiny, and wussy.
This has been a trip through the looking glass. I hope everyone got back safely.