- McCain still thinks he's 10, back when there was a League of Nations (really).
We need a League of Nations, we need a group of nations who work together and pose meaningful sanctions and modify Iranian behavior.
Someone might want to break it to him that the League of Nations didn't survive. But he might be heartened to hear about the United Nations. And even, if we want to be charitable, we concede that maybe he's heard of the United Nations, it makes one wonder why he wants to go back to the failed solutions of the early 20th century as we seek to tackle the problems of this one.
- McCain still thinks he's a young and chipper 55, when the country of Czechoslovakia still existed.
A little nitpicky, but he's still citing a country that no longer exists...
McCain just said the United States should set up a missle defense system in Czechoslovakia. Should we assume he meant the Czech Republic?
He needs to get Fred Thompson on his ticket, so they could wax poetic about cold war-ear communist nations. McCain would focus on Czechoslovakia, while Thompson would deal with the Soviet Union.
- McCain still thinks it's yesterday.
McCain appeared confused about where he was for a moment Tuesday, saying, "I appreciate the hospitality of the students and faculty of West Virginia," then correcting himself to say Wake Forest as the audience laughed.
- Yup, "confused" is a good word, given the 71-year-old McCain's general cluelessness about Shiites, Sunnis, the economy, or anything really having to do with the 21st century. That's because McCain is a man of the 20th century. And no, that's not me mocking his age, it's his own words. From his autobiography:
For a long time, Robert Jordan was the man I admired above almost all others in life and fiction … a hero for the twentieth century, my century
It sure was. Too bad that century is nearly a decade in the rear-view mirror.
- Some of you old-timers may remember the Kentucky Senate race in 2004, where Jim Bunning barely held on to his Senate seat after a series of age-related stumbles. I'm getting the feeling that this year may not be so different. So I'm going to give the McCain campaign some sincere advice:
Yup, when age is an issue, try and avoid staging press conferences on handicapped parking spots.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by kos
- Ted Cruz There is just no way to square this circle. None whatsoever. After witnessing ...103 comments 101 Recs
- 198 comments 326 Recs
- America's Dumbest Congressman: Bush would have never invaded Iraq if he knew Obama would screw it up242 comments 165 Recs
- He'll get right on that. You ...180 comments 79 Recs
- Secret hypocritical double life? There's an app for that. Reverend Matthew Makela was recently listed on the St. John's Lutheran Church website as a devoted husband and father of five children. But,325 comments 222 Recs
- Umm ... pass? To get a feel for just how badly Jeb Bush is ...379 comments 257 Recs
- Not since Johannes Gutenberg made the Bible more accessible has information been so easily and (potentially) democratically shared as today. Pew Research just released the results of an extensive ...60 comments 37 Recs
- There are only so many ways you can say, "shooting cartoonists is wrong and free speech is great." Feel free to check out my previous responses to cartoonists being attacked ...66 comments 56 Recs
- Hillary ...58 comments 46 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs