This story has been diaried before but I think it is important to follow up with this update.
Seventeen-year-old Maria Isabel Vasquez Jimenez was pruning grape vines at a Stockton-area vineyard when she fainted on May 14, after working a nine-hour shift in 100-degree heat.
The new twist is that apparently Maria was working on a field that supplies the "Two Buck Chuck" from Charles Shaw wines.
Because Maria worked for a labor contractor, she most likely never knew she was part of the production team for Bronco Winery who is better known for Charles Shaw wines--commonly called "Two-Buck Chuck."
Maria should have been in school. Instead she was picking grapes for nine hours without the benefit of water or shade. She died a miserable death.
Trader Joe's should know that one of their main suppliers isn't being diligent. Let's put the pressure on.