I hope you all had a happy Fourth of July filled with fun adventures. Not all of us have the will power to stay completely on the wagon while we are vacationing and especially on a day that has as one of its major attractions a food eating contest. (Go Mr. Chestnut, go!)
Well shake it off and we need to get back to the swing of things.
The weekly series of talking about wellness and fitness continues after the jump.
I am not a nutritionist nor a personal trainer. Just someone who likes to read and talk about it.
Tips for renewed motivation
- Make a switch - Switch locations or sports. If you bike normally try running, if you played basketball trying playing baseball. If you run on roads, switch to a bike path or trail once in a while. Go for a run through the woods or near water, if such places are available and safe. A change of scenery can be very inspiring.
- Change or Add music - music can keep you focused and inspire you.
- Make a Plan. Find a goal or a series of goals that will engage you emotionally
- Exercise at night, with a flash light or at sunrise. Both are great experiences that can help motivate you to continue.
- Just say to yourself I'll exercise for 10 min. If your not feeling it today then don't push it. But sometimes once you start you can continue all the way through.
- Make an appointment - We make all kinds of appointments in our daily lives and we keep them. Make an appointment with yourself for your own health and fitness—and stick to it!
- Record your progress here on Dailykos. Check in with us and tell what you did and what you'll do. We'll cheer you on. We want to you to live longer.
- Add exercise into your daily life or at least for one day. Being active still counts, even if it's not a "proper workout". Walk to the store. Choose stairs over elevators. Walk during your lunch hour. Even if its just for a day.
- Maintain a positive attitude. The Democratic Majority was not build in a day. It took hard work and effort and it will take more work to get Obama to be President. Exercise and being healthy will be just as hard to keep up.
- If you feel the temptations to skip working out or hear that voice in the back of your head saying "I can start again later", remind yourself of the reasons that you wanted to exercise in the first place.
Feel free to list how you exercised this past week and how you plan on exercising this week.