I've gotten several emails from the Obama campaign, the DCCC and a couple of candidates reminding me that midnight tonight ends the 3rd quarter of fundraising.
I haven't seen one push today on the blogs. I would like to ask everyone to please join me even if it is only $5 you can give and make a donation.
We know the Republicans got a big push on their fundraising efforts when they announced their VP on Friday.
Hit the thermometer or the go to the secured link here
I know that with the VP announcement, the Republican Convention and now Gustav we have a lot to discuss. Maybe it is in bad taste to try and fundraise with Gustav about to put a lot of people in a bad situation.
I don't think it is, I think we can all stretch and put up at least $5 more today.
It is not enough to say that you are going to give tomorrow or the next day. Not pitching in to some of these races could mean that they fall off the radar or when the reports come in from this quarter that support will fall off because of lackluster fundraising.
Here are 5 ideas of candidates to give to on our page
- Obama - Biden - the Republicans got a boost on Friday from all conventional wisdom. I have not seen a major boost yet in fundraising since Biden joined the team. If you haven't given anything to the ticket now is your chance.
- Dan Seals (IL-03)- Dan just released a great ad last week. If you haven't seen it here it is. Let's keep it on the air.
- Heather Ryan (KY-01)- She lost her job when she questioned Mitch McConnell on the War. Her passion is so great she is taking on Exxon Ed Whitfield. She won the Progressive Patriot contest last week. She needs a fundraising boost to get some more outside attention.
- Josh Segall (AL-03) - I've known Josh for several years, he's running a great campaign and has outraised Mike Rogers for the last two quarters. Let's make it a third. Let's also help get him up on the air.
- Jim Martin (GA-Sen) - Although polls have shown that this race is winnable and that Georgia may even be a swing state, the netroots support for this race have been lackluster. Let's give Jim a boost.