I just got push polled by "natl poler 08". At least, misspellings and all, that's what came up on my caller id. The questions were, if I remember correctly:
- Do you plan to vote in the Nov. 4th election?
- Have you heard about Measure 11?
- Do you identify yourself as "pro-life" or "pro-abortion"?
- Would you vote "yes" for abortion as a form of birth control?
- Do you have an internet connection?
At this point I hung up. I'm sure a poll result will come out shortly from these people saying that South Dakotans are for Measure 11 to stop abortion as a form of birth control. Really, we are more moderate than much of the country gives us credit for. The polls show the measure functionally tied. Not sure how early voting is going here...my husband and I voted at our courthouse over a month ago. As a whole, SD is really, really tired of this issue, no matter what side someone is on. It almost tore us apart last time.