According to USGS, a 3.1 Magnitude earthquake happened at 11:56 PST in the Alum Rock area near San Jose, CA
I felt a sharp jolt. more soon USGS Report
Anyone else feel it? It only lasted a few seconds at most where I lie, which is slightly west of San Jose.
* Monday, November 10, 2008 at 19:56:25 UTC
* Monday, November 10, 2008 at 11:56:25 AM at epicenter
Location 37.432°N, 121.776°W
Depth 8.8 km (5.5 miles)
Region SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
* 8 km (5 miles) NNE (31°) from Alum Rock, CA
* 10 km (6 miles) E (92°) from Milpitas, CA
* 15 km (9 miles) NE (45°) from San Jose City Hall, CA
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters NST=184, Nph=184, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.07 sec, Gp= 18°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Alum Rock is in the south east corner of Silicon alley. Not much there but rocks :)
I'll keep looking for damage reports.
It is amazing that they can determine location in so fast a time. Only 1 minute or so from occuring to web site.